If you are in the NY area and would like to spread diabetes awareness, please see below.
On Tuesday, June 2nd, the CBS Early Show will air a segment mentioning the Diabetes Handprint. It will be an outdoor plaza/audience segment where the show’s weatherman, Dave Price, will mention the Diabetes Handprint during one of their weather breaks before commercial breaks. He will also mention how to participate.
The folks at the Diabetes Handprint project have asked us if we can help with the turnout. They need at least 50 audience members to support the project that morning (without that, the segment won’t happen) to be in the crowd outside on the plaza.
Things to be aware of:
* You would need to arrive at the CBS outdoor plaza (59th and 5th) at 7:15 a.m. and stay until 8:53 a.m.
* Family members and friends are welcome, but preferably no young children.
* Once the show is over, if you want, you could get a tour of the CBS studios.
* The Diabetes Handprint people will be giving out some t-shirts, hats, etc. and you may asked to wear one.
* They will have markers handy so you can write your word on your hand and show it with your arm raised when the camera pans to the audience.
* They may give out some signs and you could be asked to hold one up in the crowd or you can bring your homemade signs (and your word in your hand) to show.
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP by clicking on the “Will Attend” circle to the right.
Please spread the word and support Diabetes Awareness.