PerPCMag.com: Twitter is a Web site and service that lets users send short text messagesup to 140 characters in length from their cellphones to a group of people. Launched in 2006, Twitter (www.twitter.com) was designed to keep friends and colleagues informed about one’s daily activities.
It’s not a secret, I am a huge fan of twitter and sending tweets. I know there are a lot of people who refuse to use twitter but if you are a PWD, you may want to think about joining twitter. I decided to list why you may want to rethink using twitter your a PWD or family member of a PWD.
Top 10 reasons:
1. There are ton’s of PWD’s/family member’s on twitter! no matter what type you have, you can find someone to relate too.
2. Wouldn’t it be nice to get to know the author of blog’s you read? There are a a lot of diabetic blogger’s who tweet.
3. Not having a good blood sugar day, No one to talk too? Tweet it someone will respond.
4. If you want to know the number of carbs in a meal or certain food.
5. Your husband, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister or friend just don’t understand Diabetes.
6. Want to keep track of the latest and greatest news or have news to share.
7. If you needs a quick response to all things diabetes. Remember twitter doesn’t replace your Endo or Doctor.
9. There is always a PWD on twitter! You are never alone.
10. Laughing is great therapy. People say things you don’t expect them too.
The reason’t I listed above are why I use twitter. I look at twitter as fun, spontaneous and great conversation. I love the HUGE support system….
If you are interested in joining Twitterbetic’s visit TuDiabetes.com. TuD has a group just for people who tweet and their usernames. I hope you all had a great weekend.